Our Sweet daughter Allison Claire celebrated her Sweet 16 on May 24th this year!! She absolutely loves candy so I thought it would be quite appropriate to throw her a true SWEET 16 party. Loved the way everything turned out and Allie could not have been more happy & surprised. The picture in the frame is one of her very first little friends Lily. On this day the girls were playing dress up with some wedding attire Lily’s Grandmother had made her. The girls loved playing dress up so much…and actually still do!
I found this mirror on clearance at Hobby Lobby and immediately thought of my girl. I thought it would make a good decoration as the color blended so well with the rest of the décor. She loves mirrors and it was perfect for the special tiara I ordered for her.
The candy went over well as you can imagine with a house full of kids. I love the way my camera captured the detail & colors!!
I special ordered this banner for my sweet girl. I think your 16th birthday is a very special day and I wanted to make sure she knew, not only with the material things, but wanted her to feel extra special and that she is loved very much!!
At the grade school school auction I bid & won on a decorated cake made by a School Mom who makes incredible baked items. Knowing how creative and how good her baked items taste, I knew I was lucky for winning the bid. I immediately called her the next week and had it arranged that she would bake me a sweet 16 cake. I was delighted and relieved that I had planned everything so far in advance and even had the party favors & décor ordered ahead of time. I’m usually a last minute get it done type of person so I was happy with myself! I guess I knew how busy the month of May can be and planning something this special had to be done early to get it done right and relieve me from any pressure!! Plus the fact I was plugging in catering events every weekend in May and limited time during the week.
Everything done and ready……now we just need the Birthday Girl and all the guests.
And there she is!! All ready to make a wish and blow out her candle!!
I love how the cousins Jakob and Owen are blowing the candle out with her!!
Happy Birthday Pretty girl and I hope your 16th year is full of wonderful things to come for you………A Car perhaps? LOL!!


No comments:
Post a Comment