Friday, January 13, 2012

Baby

 

027

Back in November I had a Baby Shower for my very special friend Mary.  I had so much fun putting it together and coming up with all the ideas.  Laurna and Julie, two other friends from High School helped me put it all together.    This is the diaper cake I put together for Baby Jack.  I think it’s adorable and practical!!

 

029

I loved decorating for the shower!!  It was so much fun and something I LOVE to do!!  I should be a party planner!!  I think with  my 4 years of being in the catering business it came easy for me.  Although I’m always a little more nervous when I have it in my own home versus throwing an event somewhere else.   

  

035

Mary and I have very similar taste, so it was easy to come up with the colors and theme that she liked and was hoping for.    The invitation went along with the same color scheme as the diaper cake, décor, cake, napkins and plates.   Julie brought the table wear and these cute little party favors!       

 

033052

Laurna brought the cake and I was very excited about it since it would have been one I would have chosen too.  In fact it looks a lot like the cake I had at my baby shower almost 5 years ago!!!  The cake was very tasty and I was very impressed with the colors on the inside!!!  Just too cute!

 

030

Here’s the pretty Mama to be.  She has a wonderful glow to her and makes looking pregnant so easy and beautiful!! 

 

037

The snack table along with the many gifts!!  Mary is  blessed to have so many friends and family attend the shower.  She couldn’t have been happier!!  Her gifts were adorable!!

 

047

We all went around and pulled off the amount of toilet paper that would fit around Mama’s tummy.  This was so fun and stirred up lots of laughter!! 

 

043044046055

Mary enjoyed pretending to eat her cake.  She was a trooper and took Doctors orders to stay away from sugar due to her gestational diabetes.  She didn’t mess around and I was impressed by her determination to eat healthy…I know I couldn’t have resisted cake!!  This will make losing her baby weight that much easier!!

 

062

Mary and I have known each other since High School.  We were not that great of friends back then and really didn’t know each other well.  It wasn’t until the reunion 5 years ago that we got back in touch.  We instantly became friends again and have had a great connection.  I love spending time with her and her husband Chris.  I can’t wait to spend time with them now and their new baby Jack…….who is also my Godson!!!!……………..

 

Jackson Paul Becker

I’d like you to meet Jackson Paul Becker otherwise known as Jack.  Just born a couple days ago.  He is a true Blessing!!!

 

020 jackson becker

I was the 1st visitor that morning and couldn’t wait to get my hands on that Bundle of Joy.  I LOVE babies and I could have held him all day!!! 

 

024     

Mary looked amazing after just having a baby the night before!!!  I was really impressed!!.  She had a very easy delivery and things went perfect for her despite her high-risk pregnancy for her age and gestational diabetes,  Praise the Lord!!     

 

023

Chris could not have been happier.  I loved watching him and hearing his story about the delivery.  I thought it was funny when he said he almost passed out!!!  He is going to make an amazing Father!!

 

025

A truly blessed and happy family!!!  I am so excited to be a part of it all and am honored to be taking the role of a Godmother.  I am looking forward to so many good times ahead with these people and feel blessed to have them as true friends!!!   

No comments: