Monday, April 20, 2009

Turnoff Screen Week

This is the sign on our TV!!

Excuse me all week while I take part in "Turnoff Screen Week" with the kids!! The kid's school is very involved with this and I am making a point to help the kids follow through. This means no computer also! I believe that if the kids kids are doing it than I as a parent better set a good example too!! I think it will be harder on me than them. No cartoons, no American Idol (we can DVR that luckily), no news and no computer - web surfing, blogs, Face Book, nothing!! We do not own any video games fortunately so that won't be a problem except for the Nintendo DS the kids have. I am allowing myself to check important email ONLY!!!! It will be very hard but this will give me an opportunity to focus on my kids, hubbie and myself 100 %, softball games this week, exercising all week, and playing outside (thank goodness it's suppose to be reaching 80 degrees all week), and reading!!! Wish me luck and until next Monday :)

No comments: