Wednesday, December 23, 2009

HE KNOWS!

he Knows

Kids have been extra good so hubbie took the older kids to a movie today….this gives me a chance to catch up on my blog – lots of activities that have gone on in the last week!!  Can’t believe Christmas Eve is tomorrow…we may be having a very white Christmas to follow!!  Just finishing the final touches and before we know it…it will all be over and we’ll be starting a new year!!  

daddy's stocking

The presents are wrapped (well almost), the baking is done, the cleaning is never finished but that’s ok!!  I’m just ready to spend Christmas with my family!!  I’m anticipating some sadness and joy this Christmas Eve over at my Mom’s house without my Dad this year!!  Holidays are tough when you lose someone you love….memories will find the greatest comfort with the love and support of family members together!!  Laughter is the best medicine…tears are ok too!!  I think traditions are good to keep and that is exactly what we are planning on doing!!

Dec 2009 029  I LOVE how my house looks this time of year.  I feel the magic of Christmas and love being with friends and family.  At times it does get overwhelming but I wouldn’t change a thing!!  We have worked so hard this year and this Holiday Season that I am ready for a restful few days and just some wholesome Christmas Cheer!!

  Dec 2009 063

The kids had their Christmas program up at church this past week.  They all sang several songs and had been practicing for weeks. 

Dec 2009 066 I love to hear Children singing…it really warms the soul!!  Hannah has enjoyed her 6th grade Religious Ed Program…very committed and has a sense of belonging.  

 Dec 2009 073

Allison has really enjoyed her Religious Ed program this year too.  She will be making her Confirmation in March so this has been a really big year for her and much work ahead.  One of her best friends Katie is in her group and it’s been fun for them to be together every Weds night and then on to Youth Group too.  I think I caught them giggling in this picture when I zoomed in :) 

Dec 2009 094

Holiday parties took place this Monday right before the kids were out for Winter Break.  Can’t take credit for these little doughnut marshmallow guys but too cute not to snap a pic.  The theme of the party was Snowman so everything was about Snowman…even the Snowman bean bag toss.

Dec 2009 097 And of course the making of the Snowman craft!!

Dec 2009 108Hannah’s party takes place in the gym where all the 6th graders can just hang out together….no games just a little eating, music and social time. 

Dec 2009 085  Logan Jo was lucky enough to go to the Chiefs Game with just Mommy and Daddy on Sunday.  It’s nice that he gets his special time since he is the youngest and all the other kids have so much going on.  We had a ball….got club level seats and got to sit inside when we got a little extra chilly.  Also got to hear David Cook sing the National Anthem!!  Tonight we are taking Logan to see Santa…can’t wait for that!!  He said he is ready to sit on Santa’s lap ~ we’ll see if we can make that happen :+)      

No comments: