Had our 1st official Snowfall this week!! Wow the weatherman tracked it well. We knew it was coming last week but sometimes these grand snowstorms fizzle out. The areas North of us got hit the hardest but we had enough to make it beautiful and bring the temps way down!!! Look at my pretty crabapple tree with the ice that developed from the rain and freeze.
No lights on the freshly painted house this year!! So during the snowstorm Bob had been in Atlanta all week so missed everything… I took a couple of the kids to get some last minute project items and a pizza at the store. By the time we got out of the first store and drove to the second stop we were looking up to the sky and opening our mouths to the huge snowflakes that were falling….makes the kids all giddy….I LOVE it!!
Much to the kids dismay, school was NOT called off the next morning..so up and at em!! I snuck outside to shovel the walk before my group of preschoolers showed up. Of course with a layer of ice under the snow I didn’t get a whole lot accomplished. My 13 year old informed me when she got home from school that the new superintendant for the school district is from Canada….blah…..so we may not have any snow days this year….
Brandon was up bright and early and wanted to play outside. He found a few Christmas balls that had blown away since the winds had been so strong through the night.
After school the boys bundled up again and stayed outside for about 15 minutes…nervous Mom called them in since the temps were only around 12…..brrrrrrr.
I LOVE the snow and loved to be nestled up inside with my family ~ baking, playing, cleaning, good cheering, staying warm by the fire. It’s a Christmasy kind of feel and It makes me happy…as long as I’m not traveling in it then it’s 100% Good White Stuff!!!
2 comments:
I've been checking your blog to see a post about the snow! Wow, 12 degrees!!!!
We haven't had snow here and I have to say I am not jealous. I will look at it and admire how pretty it looks at your house.
Your house is beautiful by the way.
Post a Comment