Thursday, January 7, 2010

KANSAS WINTER

                    My Aunt Patty sent this and the

                    cartoon to me….LOVE IT!!

                                 ~~~~~

                It's winter here in Kansas,

                And the gentle breezes blow,

                Seventy miles an hour,

                At twenty-five below.

                Oh, how I love Kansas ,

                When the snow's up to your butt,

                You take a breath of winter,

                And your nose gets frozen shut.

                Yes, the weather here is wonderful,

                So, I guess I'll hang around,

                I could never leave dear Kansas,

                Cause I am froze to the ground!!

snow funnies

Just some pretty pictures of our snowstorm #5

    Jan 2010 011Jan 2010 021Jan 2010 019 

3 Ft and higher in many other spots…..no melting in sight!!

Jan 2010 012

This is what snowdrifts do…most of the drifts were from the storm before last….

Jan 2010 013

Will think back to these pictures of our patio table as we are sitting in the hot sun this summer!!

Jan 2010 022

The Wind Chill was so bad today….it was like a stinging pain to feel the cold wind and snow snap across your skin.  Jan 2010 026

The kids didn’t seem to mind the temperatures and blowing wind….built a fort in the backyard and did some sledding down at the neighbors house. 

Jan 2010 005

~The Hunter hunting his Canadian Geese~ 

Jan 2010 004

Jan 2010 006

DINNER!!!   Thanks Bobby & Jeffy!!

No comments: