Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Simple Pleasures of Fall

Our Sweet Gum Tree....

NOV 2010 062   

You know I can't go a Season without capturing the beauty of our trees.....I love them in every season but especially Fall!!  My love of trees and yards stems from my Dad....he loved trees, shrubs, flowers and just about any kind of landscaping!!

Fall came later this year with it being so warm...even up until last week it was unseasonably warm outside!!  I loved it staying warm since we had such a long winter last year.  I think I'm finally ready for the change of season...bring on the snow!!         

NOV 2010 065

Some of our trees are already bare...and it shows on the ground with all the leaves.  We've done a pretty good job of raking but there is still more to come!!  Today was pretty gray out and it was the first day it finally felt wintery ...the forecast calls for a chance of snow so that always puts a little excitement in the air.    

NOV 2010 068Rainy Fall days gives me a chance to warm up the oven and make the house smell all nice and yummy.  The kiddos love eating cookies and I love to surprise the school kids when they get home with fresh baked cookies.  It's always a treat especially on a cold rainy day!!

NOV 2010 073

Lit candles is something I LOVE....it gives me a sense of peace and tranquility and it gives off such an awesome pleasant smell through the house.  I love buying candles and giving them as gifts too....a simple pleasure!!   

No comments: