Our trip in early June started out full of sadness as we saw the mass destruction that ripped through Joplin, MO. We had been there just the summer before visiting cousins and spending time in the cute little town. What I saw with my own eyes on this trip was almost too much to bear. I pray for the people in Joplin everyday as I think about all the horrific loss and loss of life that was so obvious.
Hope was given to us as we then went to visit our cousins just a few blocks from where the tornado had reached. Hearing their stories and faith helped to reassure us that there was indeed hope and people were reaching out from everywhere to help. I am so glad we stopped through here to experience this and our kids have an understanding what happened and can be sympathetic. It was so nice to give the family big hugs and be reassured that they were ok.
Reaching our next destination to Branson was very exciting. We stayed at Stillwaters Resort and had an amazing relaxing time!! The pool was so inviting and we spent most of our 3 days just here.
I love the family bonding that happens when we go on trips together!! I love spending time with my kids and husband so much!!
The Resort offered so much for us that we rarely even had to leave!! This is the exact kind of trip we needed after the hustle and bustle of the end of the school year!! We were all ready to relax!
We were lucky the weather was hot so early in June and there wasn't a cloud in the sky..made Tablerock Lake that much better!!
There was another pool at our resort that had a water slide!! I can't even begin to count how many times the kids went down that!! Love to hear their laughter!
We never miss the Go-Carts!! The girls and boys love doing this and it's always a highlight in Branson.
The little guy even got to drive his own go-cart this year with the help of a couple pads behind his back so he could reach the pedals!! I loved the look on his face as he drove around the race track!!
The kids found a new favorite activity in Branson.....going down the water slide!! These were the kind we had when I was little and they are the BEST!!
It was fun seeing the girls have so much fun with everything they did!! Who says teen-agers ever have to grow up!!
We visited the Landing which is the newest area in Branson. This was right up my alley since there is a lot of neat shopping and restaurants here. Oh and of course a priceless picture with my Lovely Family!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment