skip to main |
skip to sidebar
So as you know from my last post that my Incredibly Sweet Husband bought me a plane ticket to sneak away to Atlanta, Georgia with him for the weekend. He had a convention in Stone Mountain for several days and brought me a couple days early to join him. Upon arriving in Georgia we stayed in the Downtown area near Philips Arena to get in some Atlanta Hawks Basketball. We were able to meet up with an old High School friend Lisa and Hubbie Brad at the game, and for a very fun night out!! The next day was a lot of sightseeing and a little shopping. We were pretty anxious to get on to our next and primary destination~~~~~~~~Stone Mountain!!!!!!
I have to say this gal is is one beautiful person...on the inside and out... can't wait to see her when she visits KC!!

Stone Mountain was absolutely gorgeous....I was in awe when we arrived and drove around the mountain to our resort. The resort was amazing and so warm and friendly...I guess that's the South huh? This picture was taken before we left for dinner to meet work friends.

This is a picture of us on our balcony in our room. The Mountain is on the other side of the trees but the lake view was just as spectacular!!

Sunday morning we got up bright and early for an awesome first class breakfast.....we needed the energy as we were about to embark on a hike up Stone Mountain!!

We were pleasantly surprised at how well we did and that we were not as out of shape as we thought!!! I think the bike riding we did all Fall really helped us!!

Climbing that mountain was an exhilarating and energizing experience to say the least!!!!!!

We had fun with our camera and took way too many pictures to share here ...I hope to make a very special album!

If I were a "real" photographer I would put my subjects on some train tracks!!! The lines, backgrounds, colors, depths....so rustic, so natural, so engaged with nature, such an art form and would accent any nice prop! This was the track that went around and around the Mountain.

We didn't hear any choo choos coming so we played on the train tracks like kids!! We were laughing so much during our trek up, down, and around the Mountain. Such an awesome experience with my hubby and one to always be remembered!!!!!! A trip much needed and the kind of trip that can bring out the best in a person~physically, emotionally and spiritually!!! Next time we bring our kids!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment