Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday



I felt it was time to be THANKFUL again....well I'm always thankful...but like writing it down in words....there is always so much to be thankful for but I'm just listing a few that stand out in my mind for this past week!!


I am THANKFUL for ~~

.....my children and husband who made lasagna for us last night so I could sneak away and buy Logan some new shoes and finish some secret Christmas shopping!

...a WONDERFUL family in North Carolina who I loved seeing so much and miss so much already!! (I'll be posting pics on my blog from the trip soon-just having some fun getting them ready)

...that God was protecting us as we ventured out in traveling and that it was comfortable enough that I'm ready to fly out again soon :)

...for my extra Holiday bonus and extra catering jobs I'm working again this weekend.

...for fun supportive friends who inspire me and make me feel good and are just real "pick me ups" through my hectic work week.

...for snow and cold this week so we could cuddle up by the fire and for a semi warm car resting in it's newly cleaned out garage!!

...for the Holiday Spirit around me and my home.

...for a couple nights this week where there was nothing on the calendar and had real family time.

...for having my baking ingredients ready to go for tonight and having the motivation to make my cute little "Christmas Pops" for Hannah's bake sale at school tomorrow. I'm also thankful for all the help I will have tonight in making them and eating them!!

...for nice pleasant children and caring families that I work for everyday.

...for my sister Linda who helped not make the weekend seem so long for the girls while we were away.

...for my determination to get back on my "work out" plan before "the New Years Resolution" comes into play!

...for happiness, jobs, cheer, good health, and my parents!!


My niece Megan fancied up this picture....we MUST share the same blood because this looks like something I like to do!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So glad you called today! I love your blog - looks fantastic! And I love the Thankful Thursday idea. I think I will have to start that. You really made my day by reminding me that I've got great friends to rely on as we embark on another baby!
steph

Andrea said...

I love your blog. You are so creative. I wish we would have had more time together in Kansas. We have so much in common, and I think we could have been lifelong friends. Well... we still can be lifelong friends, I just wish we could spend time together hangin out, and having girl time.
Thanks for the tribute... I am honored. Blogging has changed me, and I am so glad that you have caught the bug. I miss you.