The newest tree addition is in my kitchen. I LOVE it!! I now call it my pear tree! I did throw in my big snowman and a few birds. For the top I have a little santa hat I found in a box but am hoping to put a big ribbon up there when I have a chance....I have an angel and star on my other two trees....having a tree in the kitchen is fun...it makes me want to keep my kitchen really clean and do some entertaining!! Plus it's the one room in the house that I'm in the majority of my day so it's nice to see my tree.

This is our tree in the Family Room. The girls put up the entire tree by themselves...including most of the ornaments. The bottom is pretty bare because of Mr. Logan's curiosity!! This tree has ornaments on it from all the way back to when I was a kid. I love all the memories on it and the precious ornaments that the kids have been making for years in school and all the pictures. Some years I put icicles on but it's always such a mess and with Logan running around this year I opted not too. He's already been getting into the candy canes and sucking on them right through the wrapper. I did have to finally move the Nativity Scene from below the tree.
This is my fancy tree in the dining room facing the front window so you can see it from outside. I bought this tree about 5 years ago in my other house when I had a formal living room. I love it and would sit and daze at it. Brandon knocked it over when he was around 2....most of the ornaments survived because they landed on carpet...not the case in this room. I've already found a couple ornaments broken and in different rooms of the house. Logan LOVES Balls so much, so how could he resist. He just giggles at me when I tell him don't touch. Now we can start focusing on the Christmas Season.....
The trees are up, the stockings hung and shopping almost done.....
There is so much that I want to capture this Holiday season.
So far I've made my list of what I've accomplished and I'm checking it twice!!
1. Began our Advent Calendar on Dec 1....
2. Added some fun finishing touches to the trees and added garlands, ornaments and lots of ribbon this year to decorate the light fixtures over the tables.
3. Finished some fun crafts for some special family members :)
4. Let the kids pick out gifts for their "Red Bag" children who are in need during the Holiday Season....
5. Reserved our seats for "A Christmas Carol."
6. Bought the kids new Christmas outfits.
7. Wrapped a large portion of gifts including the Christmas Eve PJ's for the kids.
8. Planning out and sorting through recipes for baking next week and started with banana bread this week..yum!
9. Trying to set up dates to hang with friends through the season and the annual Christmas Girls night out gathering.
10. Visited local light show many times already with music to tune your radio to....this is an amazing light show and it gets better every year!!
11. Bought a special ornament for an ornament exchange with friends.
12. Ordered our Christmas Pictures online this year...saving some precious time...
13. Watched the Polar Express today....and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer tonight....
14. Filled the house with the smell and Love of Christmas...cinnamon and pine!!
15. Displayed our Nativity Scene and reminded the children this is what the season is all about!!
16. Trying to pick a date out for a cookie exchange for the kids at the house....
17. Continue on with old traditions but every year I like to throw in a few new ones too...


No comments:
Post a Comment