Thursday, September 30, 2010

Z O O Fun

  Sept 2010 023    

I was lucky enough to go on the 2nd Grade Zoo Field Trip!!!  Thank goodness is was on Friday my day off, as I wouldn't have wanted to miss this for the world.  I have gone with both my girls on their 2nd Grade Zoo Field Trip so it was nice to be able to go with my son.  He has a great class this year and I was excited to get to know some of the kids better.    

 

Sept 2010 024

So many parents participate so we ended up having just two in our group...of course these 4 are best buds, Reid, Ben, Erik and Brandon ~~so they wanted to hang together all day.  It was nice to just look out after a small group with one other parent...kinda relaxing compared to my normal day!

Sept 2010 045

I captured this while we were watching the Sea Lion show.  It's amazing that this show is exactly as I remember it as a child.  A little Mini Version of SeaWorld if you will!!

Sept 2010 073

I have a NEW LOVE for Polar Bears!!!  The Polar Bear is the newest attraction at our Zoo.....and boy was it Fun to see this!!  We started by watching "Nikita" do his tricks....the kids couldn't get enough. Nikita weighs 750 pounds and eats 25 pounds of food a day.  I thought it was the coolest exhibit I have ever seen.  We could have stayed and watched this for hours...instead we walked around the rest of the zoo and then..............

Sept 2010 074

of course came back at the end to watch him some more.  WOW...he continued doing the same tricks where he would swim around and come right up to the window, lay on his back, kick his legs off the window, do a little back stroke and do a back flip.  The kids just laughed and laughed and thought it was a riot, including the parents!!!  I even have it on video it was so cool.  It was so thrilling to watch that I'm hoping to take the kids including the big ones back to the zoo this Sunday for Hoots and Howls.    

Sept 2010 026

The boys having fun with the polar bear statue....we took some fun pictures this trip and had the best time!!  LOVE that POLAR BEAR!!!!