Friday, April 15, 2011

I Heart Hermann

 Hermann, MO April 2011 032

A little piece of my heart now belongs to Hermann, MO.  This place is a little jewel nestled along the banks of the Missouri River I tell you!!  It has the charm of Old Germany and beautiful vineyards in the Hills above the town.  The Bed and Breakfast we stayed at was so quaint and just the whole town and restaurants were so cute and different from anywhere I've ever been!!!! 

Hermann, MO April 2011 098

The Katy Trail which runs through Hermann, is the Nations longest rails-to-trails project!  The trail itself runs 240 miles through MO.  We only went 20 miles on this particular morning....it was a short and sweet trip so our time was a bit limited!!

Hermann, MO April 2011 092

We stopped along the way quite a bit... not to rest but to take pictures!!  There were so many picture perfect moments that I wanted to capture it all!!  

Hermann, MO April 2011 094

Yes my fascination with old red barns and brick buildings, old brick churches and steeples, bridges and railroad tracks, nature, water and trees....I love it all!!  Way too many pics to post on here!!  As you see I'm drinking my water bottle here~~~when riding long miles on your bike, WATER is the best thing on Earth!!!!!  And I drink a lot of it!!

  Hermann, MO April 2011 111

Not to be confused with water, here I am waiting for our 1st wine tour at Stone Hill Winery.  The German lunch we had at the Vintage was sure to make a person thirsty!!!  And the cool thing is you can wear your bike shorts anywhere and not look like a fool!

Hermann, MO April 2011 114

The tour was amazing and so full of history and MO richness!!  This is one of the many samples we had after the tour!!!  Looking SO forward to our next trip back to Hermann on the train...and yes the bikes are going too!!  CHEERS!!!

No comments: