Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lions & Snakes & Polar Bears ...oh my!!!

 

April 2011 096

Happy 4th Birthday to Jacob....Logan's VERY BEST FRIEND in THE WORLD RIGHT NOW!!!  A birthday party at the Zoo was so much fun!!  We made it a family experience and had a ball!

April 2011 085

Part of the Birthday Party was looking at animals up close and being able to pet them.  This one struck the interest of my 8 year old as he is getting ready to start his African Animal Report on the Python. He gets to make a actual model of it so seeing this snake up and close and feeling it really brought it all to life.....as MOM sits back and just cringes at the sight.

  April 2011 098

My favorite exhibit in the Zoo as I shared last September....The Polar Bear!! No one but Brandon and I had seen this so it was quite exciting!!  The Polar Bear was her usual self swimming and flipping and making the kids laugh and go ahhhhh!!    

April 2011 103

Thank goodness there is a thick glass between us and that Lion....it looks like it might be hungry and ready to prance!!!!

April 2011 111

It's so fun taking the family to the Zoo....I LOVE the look on a 3 year olds face when he sees an Animal he recognizes or even sees one for the 1st time!!!  I just enjoy soaking it all in!!

April 2011 114

Priceless times and memories!!!  I LOVE how even my 13y old enjoyed the Zoo today.  Always hoping to go back and my mission now is to visit other City Zoos when we have a chance!!  You never know what new animal you may run across!   

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Have you guys been to the Omaha zoo? Great day trip. If you all are interested sometime, maybe we could do a big family trek up there some weekend.