Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!


Cheers to:

New Days

New Opportunities

New Challenges

New Adventures

New Goals

New Resolutions

New Memories

New Hopes

New Dreams

New Friendships



Happy New Year!! 2009 started out with a BANG.....we had our first real NYE party in our house. It was planned 1 day in advance because we weren't sure our new bistro/den room would be complete. Well if you know my husband when he starts a project it is sure to get finished unless winter interferes, as in the case of the outside of our house. Our party turned out to be so much fun with new friends and old showing up...all the way back from Elementary School!! It was simple, entertaining, spontaneous, humorous, and just some good drink, food and conversation!!


Monday was our first day back to the GRIND......school, work, etc, and I must say it went very well!! The kids went to bed at a decent hour the night before, everyone had their rooms cleaned and clothes laid out, backpacks were in order (including all the papers to sign and vacation packets ready to be turned in) Mom had her coffee in the morning and was ready to go... and the emails and phone calls began pouring in!!! It had been the longest two weeks that I've ever remembered from a winter break and I even had a few restful vacation days in there... I was ready to begin the routine again, although I was not crazy about it all starting on a MONDAY!! I think I volunteered for more activities coming up in the next 2 months on Monday than I had all of Fall alone. Plus committed to soccer teams, field trips and art classes. It was so fun hearing all the kids stories when they came home.


Allison was so pumped to see her friends and ready to start two new elective classes that she had been excited about all year (computer dimensions and family & consumer science) plus her favorite teacher from foods class was leading volleyball intramurals after school.
Hannah was eager to start her Geography baseball, practice her violin at school for a concert next week, choir after school, getting her new Chat N Chew book, and sorting Girl Scout cookies at her old school in the evening.
Brandon was excited about going back to Kindergarten and seeing all his friends and teacher, taking his lunch to school, wearing his new skateboard shirt and playing remote control cars outside after school with Ben.
Logan was happy to have Mama all to himself !!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It sounds like you had a great holiday. I can't wait to see all the changes you are making to your house.
Great picture of you and your husband. You look wonderful.