Sunday, January 25, 2009

Howdy Partner!!

It was a Western Theme in B's class last week and Friday was the Swinging-K-Bar Ranch and a Chuckwagon BBQ!!
Brandon was so excited about wearing his cowboy gear
and cowboy boots for the festivities....

There is never a dull moment in Kindergarten!! It's the best!! It's a year full of non stop singing, learning and reading. Everything is hands on and you do enough coloring to make your hands start hurting which is a good thing :)


I LOVE helping in B's Kindergarten class as much as I possibly can!! I spend every Friday in his class helping with everything. I would not change this for the world. I know too well how fast this time goes and after Kindergarten it all changes and teachers don't really need you as much anymore during the day to day learning. Plus there is such an innocence and pureness to Kindergartners. They are the youngest in the school and are so darn cute!!! Who can resist a little Kindergartner???

I look back on my girls when they were in Kindergarten (which literally seems like yesterday!!!!) and can't believe how fast they grew into 5th and 7th graders. WOW.....I'm lucky I have the opportunity to go up to school as much as I do. I know too that my kids have always appreciated me being involved in school. Now that my daughter is in Middle School I've been up to her school only twice...sadly parents just aren't needed anymore and quite honestly middle schoolers don't really want you there.....you remember don't you??

I LOVE knowing every one's name in B's class.....I love that he sees that I am such a part of his school life. It's just an amazing time in a child's life!!! I can't wait for the 100th day of Kindergarten next Friday because I get to be a part of it all :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a fun day. He looks like he is so happy. Cutest cowboy ever.

The Brown's said...

Brandon looks so cute!! Wish we could see him in person.