Sunday, January 11, 2009

S I M P L I F Y

Since turning our playroom into a nice little sitting/computer/den/bistro room we had to really declutter. I was happy with going through the toys and putting them in bins and baskets and putting everything else downstairs that I didn't think my kids or my daycare kids would need. Now instead of having an entire room filled with overwhelming toys, toys and more toys we have a small corner in our family room with a couple baskets of toys and a nice little shelf of books, puzzles and age appropriate games geared for 4-6years. All of the other bigger kid games are put in a cabinet and out of sight. My house has stayed so much more organized in the last week than it ever has before!! I'm enjoying sitting in my new room and just feeling some clarity and order in my life without all the clutter!! I have found that it has brought calmness and happiness to my home already! In our new room the girls have been very productive with homework and just free time on the computer. I love to snuggle, read books to the kids, and just have a good conversation in there. My neighbor came over the first day it was done to bring us chocolate covered pretzels for Christmas and it was so nice having a place to sit and talk with just the two of us!

Ok so my upstairs was looking pretty good but this was the basement after we pulled out everything from toy boxes, closets and bins downstairs. We had more toys down here that we've hung on to for 12 plus years. I'm really good about donating and selling back used clothes, but looking at the toys I guess I can say I just couldn't let them go. We have managed in the last week to get a grip on the toys and aside from the 2 large lawn bags that are going to charity, we put the rest back in the closet and put away some for a rainy day. ahhhhhhhh....simplified!!

No comments: