Thursday, November 13, 2008

Domestic Diva

I became the Domestic Diva today by making these adorable mini cupcake pops & bites that I found on the blog Bakerella. Our St. Gerards Circle from church is having a bake sale this wkend so I've been needing to come up with some baked goods. I've also been wanting to make these, PURELY to see if I could, and to see if they would turn out as cute as Bakerellas. I think they turned out pretty darn cute! The kids all got a couple after school and Brandon went crazy over them and wanted even more!!



Brandon said he was going to buy all of these at the bake sale! This sure makes a Mom feel good especially because he doesn't always like my cookies :)


I think they looked so cute in the bags too, especially the ones I put sticks in!
Today I also had a chance to go through, organize, and declutter my scrapbooking stuff. This is going to be one of the big challenges for the winter~getting caught up on each of the girl's "school years" scrapbooks. Now that Brandon is in Kindergarten I really need to catch up! I think it will be a long cold winter so I'm up for the challenge. The reason I had so much fabulous extra time today is because I was actually getting my house cleaned so I was pretty much stuck in the basement for a few hours in the morning. My house was a disaster before today and it took the house cleaner 6 hours to clean this beast. It was worth every penny too.....benefits of working 3 jobs I must say!! So then I had extra time for baking, cuddle time, playing outside, homework after school, making dinner, taking the kids to the library, and even going out on a date with Bob to meet some friends in town. Now if my house had not been cleaned....couldn't have managed all that, especially spending time tonight with my new favorite past time.....BLOGGING :) This does not even include everything that I'm going to be able to do all weekend now with the family!!




No comments: