

My husband is sooooo wonderful!! Not only did he make us chili last night, but he surprised us by making his delicious home made pumpkin pie! Of course the pie was just coming out of the oven when the kids went off to bed, and you have to let it cool for at least 2 hours, so they missed out. It's a good thing they are not pumpkin pie lovers or going to bed without pie could have been very dramatic. Bob and I were able to catch up on some old SNL Episodes that we DVR'd during the election and waited for the pie to cool. So around 11pm (yes I looked at the clock) I added some whip cream with cinnamon and cut each of us a piece of pie and then added more whip cream on each of our pieces.....WOW it was heavenly !! I think I like Pumpkin Pie best fresh out of the oven when I'm not stuffed from a huge Thanksgiving Meal. I have some more Pumpkin recipes that I want to try -pumpkin bread, some fabulous pumpkin bars that my friend Jodi makes, and a recipe that I found on the cover of Better Homes, Pumpkin-Chocolate Cheesecake ...YUM!


No comments:
Post a Comment